Chinese smartphone maker VIVO just expanded its smartphone lineup with the release of the VIVO S1 Pro – the sequel to the VIVO S1 launched earlier this year. The device much like the base VIVO S1 is a midrange device with a design similar to the V15 that debuted back in March.
The major selling point of the device includes a triple rear camera setup which includes a 48MP Quad-Bayer, 8MP wide-angle, and 5MP depth sensing units, as well as a 32MP pop-up selfie camera. Unlike the base S1, the VIVO S1 Pro gets an in-display fingerprint scanner, while it also drops the Helio P70 SoC for the Snapdragon 675 SoC with 6GB RAM + 256GB storage or 8GB RAM + 128GB storage combo. The device is fronted by a more compact 6.39-inch notchless display with the same 2340 x 1080 pixels resolutions, but with AMOLED panel.
Vivo S1 Pro specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 675 11nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 256GB storage, 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with micoSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9
- Dual SIM
- 48MP primary sensor with f/1.78 aperture+ 8MP ultrawide sensor with f/2.2 aperture+ 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C port
- 3700 mAh (typical)with 22.5w fast charging
Powered by a 3,700 mAh battery which charges through a micro USB port, the VIVO S1 Pro boots Android 9 Pie with Funtouch OS 9 out-of-the-box, gets a dedicated Jovi personal assistant hardware button, and will go on sale from May 9th, 2019 in Love Blue and Coral Red color options. Both variants are priced at 2698 yuan (US$ 400 / Rs. 27,700 approx.).